Actor Jared Leto gained 62 pounds to play the overweight Mark David Chapman, murderer of John Lennon, by drinking microwaved pints of ice cream mixed with soy sauce and olive oil every night to bloat himself further as he eats no meat cause Jared Leto is a vegetarian. At times he had to use a wheelchair due to the stress the sudden increase in weight put on his body. As a result of the weight gain and loss, Leto developed Gout in his left foot.
A lot of things can be going on, weather, injury, drugs, and food can all play a role. Here is a list of most FOODS that can give the agony of Gout!
Foods high in Purine: (raises your uric acid count)
- Red meats – steak, hamburgers, beef, etc (it sucks, I know!)
- Shellfish – shrimp, lobster, scallops, crab, etc.
- Organ Meats (blah, who eats this crap anyway?) – headcheese?! liver, heart, most “guts”.….
- Booze – Beer (the worst cause of wheat and alcohol), anything with alcohol. (so not fair…)
- Vegetables – asparagus, mushrooms, cauliflower, spinach, beans. (and I thought this was healthy eatin?!)
- High Fructose Corn Syrup – its in almost everything! Sodas, candy, cookies, donuts. Worse if its labeled as the 2nd ingredient (meaning it there is more of it).
- Oatmeal – well, at least now you have an excuse NOT to eat it.
- Fried Foods – french fries, battered fish, anything deep fried (it breaks down the vitamins in the food) and all the good stuff!
Does it feel like a screw being twisted into your toe joint with every heartbeat? Along with severe pain, stiffness, redness, heat and swelling in a joint, often in the big toe. The reason for this is needle like spears having crystallized in the joint itself, causing agonizing pain, the ability to go out of your mind, and having you describe it to others in this phrase, “don’t touch! hurts like a son of a bitch“!
Whats going on is your uric acid count is too high, with no where to go, thus depositing “crystals” in your joint(s), resulting in the Gout! Can also be caused by an injury to the surrounding area, certain medications, but usually too much beer and cheeseburgers…
Hmmm, Gout – the rich mans disease…
Henry VIII, Kublai Khan, Nostradamus, John Milton, Queen Anne, Isaac Newton, Henry Fielding, Samuel Johnson, Charles IV, Charles V, George IV, John Hancock, Thomas Jefferson, Karl Marx (with the raise of an eyebrow), William Pitt, Peter Paul Rubens (no, not Pee Wee), Alexander Hamilton, George Mason, Benjamin Franklin, Henry James, Frederick the Great, Don Nelson, Jared Leto (yup!), Pope Clement VIII, and Curt Schilling just to name a few.